Over the 30+ years that we have been installing them, Interlocking pavers have been steadily improving – in the quality of the materials and installation techniques. In this area E.P. Henry took the lead in researching and then educating contractors in the best practices. Other paver manufacturers have followed suit and now others, most notably Techo-Bloc, also put on educational classes for contractors every winter. All of this has greatly improved the quality of patio and wall construction in the area. In other parts of the world – particularly Germany and parts of Canada – pavers for patios and driveways are more common than concrete and asphalt. The higher initial cost is more than made up for in the long life of the pavers and the ease of repair if there is ever a problem. There is also additional research going into cleaning techniques and sealing products so that with a little effort, paver patios, walks and driveways can be kept looking good for a lifetime. We attend seminars every winter to learn the latest information to be sure you getting the best possible patio, walk and wall.
- Specializing in small to medium patios.
- Patios and walks are blended into existing grade, with a minimum of disturbance to surrounding lawns and gardens, and the proper pitch (approximately 1½% grade) set to appear level and still drain water away from the house.
- Many of our customers have used E. P. Henry concrete pavers, but we also can use Techo-Bloc, Cambridge, Belgard, Anchor, Hanover, Rinox, CST or any other brand of pavers. Installation is the same for all of the different brands.
- See Patio & Walk Construction for construction information.
- Paver patios are installed over a compacted base of modified stone and stamped into of bed of sand.
- Pavers come in a large range of colors and styles. With so much variety, they can work with almost any project.
- Pavers are made of concrete instead of clay and do not absorb as much water as traditional brick; therefore algae is not as much of a problem in shady areas as it can be with brick.
- Click here to see best practices we use to construct a good patio as taught by the ICPI and used by the top Hardscapers and Landscapers.
- Please view some examples of the various colors and different patterns that can be used on our Paver Color Page.
- For the last few years, new styles and colors have been added each year. Check out manufacturers websites for more up to date information. To order the current year’s catalog see E. P. Henry, Techo-Bloc or other paver companies websites.
Old Towne Cobble Patios
E. P. Henry Old Towne Cobble Stones come in two sizes: 6-in. by 6-in. and 6-in. by 9-in. Our most commonly used colors are Harvest Blend (brown blend), and Pewter Blend (gray blend) which is often combined with red or brown or charcoal. Old Towne Cobble comes in Autumn Blend, Harvest Blend, Pewter Blend, Dakota Blend, and Charcoal.
Pewter Blend Patio with 10% Harvest Blend, bordered with charcoal Brickstone – Haverford, Delaware County, PA 19066
Brickstone Paver Patios
E. P. Henry Brickstone pavers are made 4-in. by 8-in. in the same shape as traditional brick. They come in a large variety of colors which can be combined and installed in the traditional brick patterns. Brickstone is made of concrete instead of clay and does not absorb as much water as traditional brick; therefore algae is not as much of a problem in shady areas as it can be with brick. Brickstone is available in numerous colors including Red, Brown, Charcoal, Tan, E.P. Tan, Natural, Pewter Blend, Autumn Blend, Harvest Blend, Dakota Blend, with additional premium colors available.
EP Henry Brickstone Paver Patio – Wall – Landscaping – East Lansdowne Veterans Memorial, Delaware County, PA 19050
See more Photos of the Veterans Monument on our Facebook Page
Coventry Stone Patios
E. P. Henry Coventry Stone comes in two sizes: 6-in. by 6-in. and 6-in. by 9-in. Coventry Stone Pavers are tumbled for a natural weathered look. Coventry stone comes closest to the look of natural stone of all the pavers. Coventry stone comes in 4 colors: Autumn Blend (red and gray blend), Harvest Blend (brown blend), Pewter Blend (gray blend) and Dakota Blend (gray and brown blend).
EP Henry Coventry Paver Patio – Villanova, Delaware County, PA 19086
Pewter Blend Patio with 8% Harvest Blend, and bordered with Harvest Blend Coventry
Village Square Patios
E. P. Henry Village Square Pavers come in three sizes: 6-in., 12-in. squares, and 6-in. by 12-in. half squares. Village Squares come in 6 colors: Autumn Blend, Harvest Blend, Pewter Blend, Red, Brown, and Charcoal. They can give your property a different and yet still classic look. Village Squares can also be mixed with Brickstone pavers 4-in, by 8-in. to accent a patio or walk, and as larger engraved stones in walks and patios used as fund raisers.
EP Henry Village Square Patio 8-in. Harvest Blend – Running Bond Pattern – Philadelphia, PA 19130
Symetry Parquet Patios
E. P. Henry Symetry is a uniquely shaped stone that can be installed in many interesting patterns. It is often combined with 6-in. Symetry Squares in a variety of parquet patterns. Our most commonly used pattern is Venetian Parquet. Our most commonly used color is Autumn Blend (red with some gray blend) which is often bordered with brickstone and mixed with charcoal or Pewter blend Symetry Squares. Symetry Pavers come in Red, Natural, Tan, Autumn Blend, Pewter Blend, and Harvest Blend. Symetry Squares come in these colors plus Charcoal and Brown.
EP Henry Symetry Patio – Marple, Delaware County, PA 19008
Autumn Blend with Charcoal Symetry Squares – Venetian Parquet pattern
OctaGrande Paver Patios
E. P. Henry OctaGrande Pavers are made up of octagons about 6-inches on a side combined with 2½-in. squares . It is becoming a much more commonly seen modern paving stone. Our most commonly used color is Autumn Blend (red with some gray blend), and Harvest Blend (brown blend), and is often bordered with brickstone. OctaGrande comes Red, Natural, Autumn Blend, Harvest Blend, Pewter Blend, and Tan.
Brown blend Patio bordered with charcoal brickstone – Lansdowne, Delaware County, PA 19050
Colonial Stone Patios
Colonial Stone has been phased out by EP Henry, but these pictures may give you some color use ideas that can be used in your patio.
E. P. Henry Colonial Stones come in three sizes: 4-in. by 6-in. and 4-in. by 4-in. and 4-in. by 2-in. Our most commonly used color is Autumn Blend (red with some gray blend) which is often bordered and mixed with charcoal or Pewter blend. Colonial Stone comes in Autumn Blend, Pewter Blend, Harvest Blend, Tan and Charcoal.
EP Henry Colonial Stone Patio – Narberth, Montgomery County, PA
Autumn Blend Patio with 10% Charcoal and 10% red – bordered with charcoal.